Friday, August 27, 2010

A New Habit

After spending a wonderful evening sewing and visiting with my friend Kathleen, I have decided to start a new habit--and hopefully it will be a good one!

I seem to find millions of wonderful sewing and crafting ideas online, and then I think to myself, "I'll have to remember this for..." so that I can come back to it when I need it. I actually started a spreadsheet of ideas and links to blogs and tutorials so that I could find them a second time. I'm not very good at actually adding the info to it though, so that is one thing I can work on... BUT, for the ones that I really love, I'm just going to print them when I see them. I'm going to keep them in my wonderful pattern binder--or maybe start a Volume 2--and then I'll just have them on hand to peek at and choose from when I need to, or when I just want to. Inspiration at my fingertips and instructions for my own success!

Here is a tutorial for a skirt from Sew Mama Sew  that I am excited to try...except I think I'll make mine a little longer. :)

Thanks for the tip, Kathleen! Maybe if I pick up a few more of your habits I'll be as good as you are at all the crafty arts!

What habits do you have for successful craft inspiration and execution?


1 comment:

  1. I just printed the skirt tutorial for my project book...:)

    ReplyDelete