Wednesday, June 30, 2010

One Size Doesn't Fit All


OK this isn't my closet. It's actually Oprah's, and it's not even at her house. It's at her office. But this isn't about Oprah or closet organization or daytime television. I seriously need a bigger closet, not because I just love clothes shopping (not!) or because I'm a fashion slave and have to have all the newest styles. Throughout much of my adult life, a good portion of my clothes are in the I-love-this-so-much-but-it-doesn't-quite-fit category. Particularly, since having kids, here are my clothes categories:

  1. Current day-to-day mainstays of jeans, stretch pants, capris, t-shirts and cardigans

  2. Maternity clothes that I can pull off as regular wardrobe (please tell me I'm not the only one who does this). If you're one of those people who fit into their pre-prego clothes a month after having a baby, stop reading this right now. I have to decide if we can be friends (joking, of course).

  3. Pre-maternity clothes that I long to wear and that I try on occasionally to see if I'm getting any closer

  4. Small collection of "you wish/in your dreams" clothes I can't make myself get rid of.

Anyway, my curse of a slow metabolism is constantly at odds with my daily efforts to improve myself physically. I struggled with the idea of sharing this and exposing my insecurities, but call it therapy for me. Maybe it will help someone else with similar struggles to know I'm right there too. I'm confident in my ability to accomplish goals in most other areas in my life, from parenting to public speaking to managing a home...except this one. Confidence breeds success. Confidence breeds success. Confidence breeds success. Don't you think?

So, when do you feel most confident in your life?

How do you find success?

What do you have in your closet that's holding you back from accomplishing your most challenging goal?

And, most importantly, how do you find confidence where you're lacking? It's different for us all. With so many sizes out there, you're sure to find your perfect fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment