Friday, June 25, 2010

Just Do It


Do you know that nifty little trick to get wrinkles out of your clothes? The one where you throw the clothing item in the dryer with a damp towel or washcloth for a few minutes? It works pretty well and allows you to continue doing other things while the wrinkles are taken care of. Unfortunately for my husband, this little task has almost become part of his daily morning routine. The poor man, he married a laundry imbecile.

I don't know what it is about doing laundry, I just can't seem to get a good routine down that makes it easy or enjoyable. There have been times when I found something that works, but my natural habit of letting it sit too long--in the washer, in the baskets, even in folded piles that can't seem to find their way to the closet or dresser--results in loads of clothes needing my attention all the time, and lots of wrinkles or stains or mildew smells--yuck!

That is why I'm revisiting the "Just do it" principle. I'm going to stop thinking about what I need to do, or should do, and I'm going to do it! I have so enjoyed all the tips this week from my friends. I know they are going to help. I think the biggest thing for me is simply having the things I need readily accessible and a place to  keep it all and get it all done; I am beginning to feel a rising sense of appreciation for large and well-equipped laundry rooms! But even without one of my own, I'm going to reorganize my "laundry closet" shelves and stream-line the process using all the tips and tricks from the posts this week, plus a few more I found--check these out if you need to get the remnants of a sticker off a shirt that went through the dryer, or get permanent marker off your favorite pants, or clean crayon out of the dryer:

Solutions for the Worst Laundry Mistakes from About.com

Robbie's Kitchen--Laundry Tips

And if you want to read something that might help you get your mind working on the logistics of your laundry lot, take a few minutes and read

The Laundry Post, by Steady Mom, she is always so insightful and well-written.

I hope you have all found a little encouragement this week to improve your own laundry routine and habits. I know I have! And if you have something that works for you--please do share it with us!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment