Friday, April 1, 2011

Make the Middle Memorable

image found here
Wednesday |ˈwenzˌdā; -ˌdē|
noun
the day of the week before Thursday and following Tuesday

And that pretty much sums it up for me. Wednesday is usually just the middle of the week. No swimming lessons, no appointments, no commitments...but LOTS of possibilities. And I love it! This week Wednesday was....

Cleaning day
Friends day
Happy day

I got my house clean--not spotless, but cleaner than it has been in a long time.
I had friends over--a few that we see regularly, and some that we had not seen in a long time. :)
And I was happy...happy to spend time with some of my favorite people, eat yummy food, and just enjoy the middle of the week.

I realized that usually I'm focused on getting a lot accomplished at the beginning of the week, and working toward plans for the end of the week. Somehow I seem to go from the beginning to the end, and lose the middle in the jumble of life. Wednesday, like I said, is full of possibilities, but often I forgo the the more enjoyable possibilities of the day for the more necessary ones. So, after such a wonderful middle this week, I'm going to try and make every Wednesday count a little bit more toward simply enjoying and enhancing the quality of life. And, that will include cleaning, because it feels so GOOD to live in a clean home. But it will also include more friends and more fun! Why can't the middle of the week be just as good as the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment