- There are no topics given. Each speaker seeks the Lord for revelation and guidance as they prepare to speak.
- They prepare there talks for members and non-members alike. "Those who know us very well and those who do not know us at all... To families, parents, children at home, those single, those with no children, those far from home, young, old, youth, middle aged..." To everyone.
- Conference is not just meant for members, it is to uplift others from any faith. It is to warn and expound on the moral and physical values affecting the world. It is for everyone.
- "When they speak on difficult subjects that most of the audience is not guilty of such things, but under a solemn charge to issue warning to those who are."
- For those who are doing all they can and the best they can, by teaching and listening with the spirit at least one of the speakers will speak for you in your own certain circumstances. "One way or another, God will have his voice heard."
- Every testimony is one of love and a warning. "Even as nature will testify herself will testify in the last days."
Thursday, April 7, 2011
What is General Conference
This April was the 181st annual conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It is held the first weekend in April and the first weekend in October. There is a special session to the Young women of the church ages 12-18 and their mothers and leaders the weekend before conference in April. The weekend before conference in October is a special session for all the women of the church. Elder Holland spoke about what conference is. I thought for those of you who are not members of the church, might like some insight from an apostle. Elder Holland asked us not only to ponder the messages we heard, but what a unique phenomenon General Conference is.