Monday, March 28, 2011

Wendesday Wreath


Hello! This is actually Cali today, not Jenni. We swapped days this week, just so you are not confused.


Anyways, a few weeks ago I told you about a craft I had started, but not yet finished. I am actually going to break it up into two tutorials, since I can. So here is the Yarn Wreath. (You can Find the fabric flowers here.)


I have seen these all over recently so I decided to jump on the band wagon, and since I have had readers tell me that even though it is somewhere else on the Internet, they prefer to have the tutorial here, so here you go. That, and the tutorials I looked at did not tell me how much yarn to use, so you will get that here as well. Supplies

1 Small Wreath Form (I used the dollar store again.)

1 ball of yarn (I used about half of it give or take a little.)


That is it!

I started my wreath by overlapping some of the yarn as I wrapped it so it would stay in place.

I then tightly wrapped it around my wreath form.

It was really simple. A little time consuming, but I did not fell all that great that week, so it was nice to just sit on the couch with my rice bag and mindlessly wrap yarn around the form.

Anyone can do it.


This is what it looked like when it was covered. I just tied off the end. I am sure you can glue it if you want.

I wrapped a little bit of ribbon around it and added some fabric flowers. I just pinned them on so I can use the form for other holidays, or seasons.I am trying to figure out how to pin on a little Peep Bunny or Chick and not have it leave a mess.


So if you want another easy door decoration, here you go! There is just something about wreaths that make your house seem happy and welcoming. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment