Thursday, March 25, 2010

My First

This past Christmas, instead of giving store bought gifts, all us here at Praiseworthy decided to do a quilt block exchange. I was pretty nervous. I had never made a quilt square before. The only quilt I have ever made was a fray quilt. It was simple. I had always wanted to learn to make a quilt and making a square was the starting point. It was actually pretty easy. I know how to cut and I know how to sew a strait line, and that is pretty much all the skill you need when making a quilt block. I think the best thing about this was we all are at different levels as far as sewing is concerned. So here are pictures of our creations. Something to get you inspired I hope. Jen's
She seriously has some mad quilting talent.
Rachel's
Seriously, she is good!

Jenni's
She has an awesome fabric variety. And look at that mermaid!

Cortney's
The circle one has raw edges on the circle so it will frey when washed, and the other on is super cute with lace and ric-rac.

Mine
Easy, a little skewed, but still my first ones ever.
I love them and all the imperfections that came with them.
I think that is what is great about quilt blocks. They are not all perfect, but it is the imperfections that show the love in making it. Now if only I can muster up the courage to sew them together to make a quilt top, let alone the courage to quilt it. Wish me luck!

Oh, and check out Rachel's 9 Square it looks easy. You can even join the Quilt-Along!


2 comments: