Tuesday, January 4, 2011

It's About Time


Did you ever think about all the time you either save or waste in a day? And if you're saving it ... where, exactly, do you store it? That's the basic plot-launcher of Michale Ende's novel Momo, wherein the Men in Grey, cloaking themselves as representatives of the Timesavings Bank will happily store up that extra time you've been saving, for future use. Except that of course they're actually just stealing it for their own nefarious purposes. Enter Momo! A little girl of uncertain origin, who has this remarkable ability to just ... listen ...

It's been years since I read this book, but I love it. I love the premise ... I mean, really, saving time? What a ridiculous idea! This book was an awesome reminder that time is meant to be used - to the fullest! It was an eye-opener to the fact that despite modern "time-saving" methods and devices, we don't really have the power to actually save time - we only have the power to choose how we will spend it.

And I do believe I'll be spending some time soon reading this book again.


No comments:

Post a Comment