Friday, April 9, 2010

The Hearts of the Children



"It is impossible to overestimate the influence of parents who understand the hearts of their children."

This statement, made by Robert D. Hales in an address to parents around the world, hit my heart with more impact than a cement truck traveling at a hundred miles per hour.

But hearing and feeling inspiration is often much easier than acting on it and knowing how to use it in my daily, task-oriented life. As I have pondered this statement, and tired to really understand my own children I have found a few important things:

I am more loving.
I am more willing to serve freely.
I understand my own heart more fully.

Seeing my children from the inside out has made such a huge difference. Looking on the heart rather than on the demands and cries and constant need for attention has changed my whole world this week.

I am so grateful.
I am so grateful.







No comments:

Post a Comment