Thursday, April 1, 2010

Free Birthdays

There are 4 people in our family; My husband, my daughter (3.5 years), my son (1.5 years), and myself. Of us 4, three have the same birthday. Yup, you read that right. My husband, daughter, and son all share the same birthday. No, it was not planned. She was a week early, and he was a day late. All natural labor progression, no c-sections, no inductions. Yeah baby! It makes things interesting.

I have only had to plan one birthday for all three of them once so far. When it was just my husband and daughter it was easy. He did not care that she had all the attention. In fact, he loves being overlooked on his birthday. He does not like the spotlight. I have always held a familyish party for him so he gets some attention. But it is going to be hard as the kids get older.

There are some nice things about having three on the same day though.
  • Red Robin has a birthday club. Each one gets a free meal no purchase necessary. We can go out to dinner and only have to pay for me.
  • Cold Stone has a birthday club, so they all get free ice cream too, no purchase necessary.
  • Marble Slab has a birthday club which means more free ice cream.
  • Baskin Robbins has a birthday club, so even more free ice cream.
  • Denny's has a free Grand Slam on your birthday so another free meal. ( I have seen the commercials for this one and I don't see anything on the site that you need to sign up for. Probably just show up with proof that it is your birthday.)
  • Children's Place has a birthday club so you get a 15% off coupon for your entire purchase.
  • The Melting Pot has a birthday club and you get a free desert fondue.

All these, I belong too. I know there are more freebies I belong too as well just for the kids too, Toys-R-Us and the Ikea Kids Club (sign up in the store) are the ones off the top of my head. There are tons more birthday Freebies listed at Freebies for Mom.

For my family, we could probably eat almost for free for two weeks around there birthdays if we wanted too. There are so many freebies. All of the coupons I have received are good for two weeks as well. It is not just the day of your birthday which is really nice. So go enjoy your birthday treats. They are even better knowing it is free!

1 comment:

  1. Yaaay Cali, thanks for the yummy post! I went through and added my family to several of the birthday lists - can't wait to PAR-TE'!!!

    ReplyDelete