Monday, May 23, 2011

If You're Happy When You're Cleaning Clap Your Hands!!!


It's that time of year and I don't know about you but spring cleaning can be the worst!!!  How fun is it to stay inside when the sun is shining and wash your windows or scrub your floors?  Ya...I know.  BUT I have discovered a few fun things that have made my long list of to dos more enjoyable. In fact, do I dare say they have made me happier?

First you must turn on the tunes.  My favorites right now are:






and the best for last:


She is my new favorite and who I listen to non stop -thanks to Cortney- which you must look up and buy and memorize and dance to and sing at the top of your lungs while you scrub. She's clean and fresh and soooo adorable in person.  Kinda like how we all want our houses to appear right?  All right. Enough cheesiness.

 Okay so the music is on and your feeling pretty great.  Hopefully it's raining outside, unless of course, you want to open your windows up and let in the sunshine.  In that case it's sunny and brillinat out there. But, don't worry. You're not missing anything because it's still 7 am!!!!!

  Now don't go grabbing your stinky chemical cleaners that you have to use gloves for.  You knwo i don't believe in that  Find some of these AWESOME cleaners and you might just fall in love with cleaning all over again.  Well...maybe not in love but you will love the smells and you'll love the way you feel after their aromatherapiness does it's magic. Plus you'll have a clean house and I know you'll love that.


These first ones are my favorite for in the kitchen.  If you have been following this blog or you know me at all you'll know I am obsessed with lemon.  If my kitchen smells like lemon drops then I am a happy girl.  Plus I found these a Target and who wouldn't pay just a little bit more to be happy while doing a terrible task.

I use this for everything.  My table tops, counters, sinks, appliances...you name it.  In fact I look for things to clean with this stuff because it smells that good!


This other line I discovered a little while ago and have been testing out their different scents.  My favorite for the bathrooms is lavender and for the rest of the house is the Basil.  They are both fresh smelling and have those great aromatheraputic qualities... so don't be surprised if you find yourself grinning from ear to ear while you clean your toilets.


This stuff even comes in a concentrated bottle that you just add a little bit to a whole bunch of water.  I've seen this stuff at TJ Maxx, at Target and Walmart.  Try them.  I think you'll like 'em.

Both brands of product are natural and safe and smell amazing so cheer up and clap your hands.  Cleaning can be fun if you do a little extra something for your house and for yourself every once in a while!


5 comments:

  1. So funny, I just sent my hubby out to replace my J.R. Watkins, and he brought home Mrs. Meyer's Lemon Verbena because he said he liked the scent better. The bummer is that you can't unscrew the top of the J.R. Watkins bottle and reuse it, so I have no pretty bottle to pour my Mrs. Meyer's into... Hmm, may have to go shopping again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love product recommendations and am obsessed with Lemon also! Thanks Jenni!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beats the smell of Pine Sol! I'll have to change my ways and give these a try!
    Hey! Let's leave the dirty house at home and go to ITALY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing these cleaners. i'm interested in trying them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I will always remember the little neighborhood shop (in my cute first-married neighborhood!) in Seattle where I discovered Mrs. Meyers. She and I have been good friends ever since :) I've never met Mr. Watkins, though, maybe it's time for an introduction!

    ReplyDelete