Thursday, October 28, 2010

Gross!

So I am not sure if this is praiseworthy or not, but it is all I could think of when it came to Halloween goodies. They are gross, but they are two things I remember from my childhood. Kitty Litter Cake, and Boogers on a Stick. My neighbor made the Kitty litter cake once and it looked disgusting, but was delicious, and my mom has done the boogers on a stick. So if you are looking for a good "trick" of a "treat" for a party coming up, here are two ideas for you.

The Boogers on a Stick is actually quite easy. You just dip the tops of pretzel sticks into some cheese dip mixed with a little salsa. It is actually very good, but tastes delicious.

The Kitty Litter Cake is something I had to look for since I did not make it myself, but there are several recipes out there. Even some for a casserole with rice, so you could have it for a main dish. The best one I found was here. Kitty Litter Cake.

I thought I would post a picture, but it really does look disgusting so I choose not too. Maybe I will make it for the potluck this weekend.

What is your favorite gross yet delicious "Trick" of a "Treat?"

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Cali, it is disgusting looking! I LOVE it! My favorite to make for the kiddos are severed fingers - 1/2 hot dog, cover with bisquik or cressant dough, then press a slived almond on the top to look like fingernail and then let part of the hot dog hang out the other end - bake and drizzle ketchup on the ends to look like blood - Muaahhhhhhh .....maybe I'll make them for potluck :) good idea! Korrin

    ReplyDelete
  2. That kitty litter cake is just wrong...I am not sure I could stomach eating this.

    ReplyDelete