Friday, October 22, 2010

Can there be Two Little Cindy Lou Who's?


"Can I be Little Cindy Lou Who?"
"I already told your sister that she could be Little Cindy Lou Who. Sorry sweetheart."
"Can I be Little Cindy Lou Who too?"

My four-year-old has been telling me for weeks what she wants to be for Halloween...a pink and black witch, no, a pink rock star princess, no, a rainbow pony...

I have finally decided on the perfect, and I mean perfect, costume for my two-year-old, and now her older sister wants to be the same thing. Can they both be the same thing?

This is the little Cindy Lou Who that is in my mind. Cute, little, blond with big blue eyes and simple yet totally adorable pink nightgown. Not only is this a totally do-able costume, but it is a perfect cartoon portrait of my two-year-old! The spittin' image...

This is the Cindy Lou Who that seems to be most popular now...too bad I just cut my four-year-old's hair. We'll see what we can do, I guess...

Any suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. You could always use a wig for your 4-year old. They are fairly cheap at Target. Get the "rockstar" style and then you can fix it with wires in the braids. The plus side is you can fix it without needing her to sit still and throw it on for the trick-or-treating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you don't have to figure out how to make a rainbow pony costume. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the spiky part on the top my sister taught me this cool trick we used on Michaela's hair last year for crazy hair day. You just wrap the hair around a cup and rubber band it. Probably a small cup since she's little. Let me know and I'll send you a picture if you don't know what I'm talking about! :o)

    ReplyDelete