Wednesday, July 7, 2010

You haven't really lived if you haven't eaten an...

OCTODOG!!!!

My mom used to make these for me as a kid...it wasn't until today (while searching for photos for this post) that I learned they are a Japanese bento box favorite. Who knew!?!?

We are at a family reunion this week with my husband's family. We've enjoyed wonderful meals the entire week, but tonight is the last night we're all together and with long drives tomorrow and little time remaining to visit and play, tonight's dinner was a time-saving, kid-loving, what-ever-is-left-in-the-fridge kind of meal. The featured dish...OCTODOGS!

Without the ability to upload any of our own photos while we're away from our computer, I have found a few online for you to see, just in case you have yet to enjoy the incredible childhood delicacy yourself and aren't quite sure how to visualize such a rarity (wink, wink!). And really, honestly, I could not believe how much I found when I did a search on these little critters! Check this out for a great explanation, photos, and details to help you make them just the way you like 'em! And, for a little laugh, check out here and here for a funny little kitchen gadget to help make this meal even more fun!

I hope you get to try these out sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment