Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Easy Summer Do's

This is the longest I think I've ever gone between haircuts. I've not visited my stylist since November, and she may suspect I'm cheating on her with another salon. But no, my mane has just taken off while I'm trying to decide what to do with it. The difference between "Hey, I think I might actually like having long hair" and "It's bugging me! Chop it off!" is about 4 days. With the weather FINALLY warming up around here, I need to keep it off my neck if I'm going to keep my cool when the weather heats up.

We're getting ready to go on a camping vacation, so I don't really want to figure out how to work with a new hairstyle, but I want to do something cuter than just whipping it up into your every-day ponytail, so I looked around for some up-do's that are easy enough for me to do and ones I don't need a third arm or eyes in the back of my head to make it work.

Here's a tutorial for a cute low side bun. Isn't she a cute girl?? I like tutorials that show the actual person, not a professional stylist, doing the styling. I think I can pull this off since my hair is about the same length as hers.

click here for details

Here's another one from her for a messy bun that looks messy in a cute way and not messy in a, well, messy way.

Of course, your average run-of-the-mill ponytail can be spruced up with a well-chosen and well-placed accessory:

OK! I'm off to do some experimenting. I'd love any tips you have for an easy summer up-do.



No comments:

Post a Comment