Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Quick and Easy

Last night we spent the evening helping our neighbors build a retaining wall. Well my husband helped, and I held their baby, but hey, it was helping. Well 6:30 rolled around and it was dinner time. I needed something quick and we were out of frozen pizzas, so I went for another quick staple at our house. The tortilla. You can do anything with those. Last night we had "Pizzadillas." (that is what my husband and daughter named them.) Delicious. Since it is Summer and things are busy for us, I thought they might be for you too. I thought I would share a few of our quesadilla favorites.

Pizzadillas

cheddar cheese and pasta sauce sandwiched in between two tortillas. We add peperoni sometimes too.

Meaty Quesadilla's

ham or turkey deli meat with mozzarella cheese sandwiched between two tortillas, or one folded over.

Bar-B-Que
this one sounds weird, but it is actually really good.

Spread barbecue sauce on a tortilla and top with Cheddar cheese and another tortilla with barbecue sauce.

My husband and daughter also like to make them with ranch dressing instead of barbecue sauce. I have yet to try it though.

And the traditional

Refried beans, cheese, and salsa sandwiched between two tortillas.

For desert you can end with a warm buttered, cinnamon, and sugar tortilla. Yum!

The possibilities are endless, so when you are in a bind, grab a tortilla and see what you can come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment