Monday, December 28, 2009

Rock, paper, Stars.

(Photo credit: um ... the band's awesome photographer)

You know that band that makes you feel like you're a teenager again, and all you want to do is sit in your room and listen to them all day? Stars is that band for me. Seriously, ohmygosh, you have to listen to them, they are soooooo good.

I remember once when I was unspeakably sad, and the two things that could make me feel better were "Monty Python's Flying Circus" episodes, and Stars' album "Heart."

They're also the last band I really ever saw in concert before my daughter was born. I felt so awesome dressed all in black, my belly bulging, like I was the ultra-cool pregnant lady that still went to shows. I was lucky to find a barstool at the back of the club, next to the open door away from too much smoke and noise. And, really, what was I thinking wearing those boots? It was so worth every ache in my feet and back.

Please don't think I'm a fanatic. There's a lot of music I hold dear. This is just some of it. It's good. And I do so love to share good music. If you want to listen, go here. Of the songs you can choose from, my favorites are "Your Ex-Lover is Dead", "Take Me to the Riot", and "Going Going Gone (Live Version)".




Who's your favorite band? Or memory/story about a band?
Do share!

No comments:

Post a Comment