Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Joy in Service

This Christmas season has been a busy one for me. There has been a little more added stress then usual due to some responsibilities at church. I feel like I have lost some needed time while trying to figure out my new church responsibilities, but it does not matter. I have been able to take some time to serve this month. I was able to help sew stockings for homeless children and I wrapped presents for "Toys for Tots." They were both a blast. They are new activities I want to make yearly traditions.

Christmas is a time where it is easy to get caught up in the material and forget about what it is about, but Christ is the reason for the season. Christ taught us how to serve others and so in the season especially it is important to serve others. I have loved it. It has made me really appreciate what I have and the community I live in. It has helped me relax for a bit and relieve some built up stress. It is so worth it. I highly recommend doing some service on your own and with you family around Christmas. I am totally adding them to my list of traditions. Check in our community. I am sure there is something going on. Seriously, all you have to do is look to find a great service opportunity.

You too can find joy in service. Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment