Thursday, July 1, 2010

Divine Courage

We have come into this exquisite world to experience ever
and ever more deeply our divine courage, freedom and light!


(-Hafiz, Persian poet)

I love irony. And that's why I'm smiling when I think about how hard this post - this post about conquering obstacles and reaching your goals and *just doing it* - has been for me to write.

I'm mostly a jump-in-and-get-it-done sort of girl; even if the results aren't perfect I love the satisfaction of just getting something finished. On the other hand, I get agitated and overwhelmed when I look around and see all the unfinished business in my life. And there's certainly plenty of that ... so many things I want to learn and accomplish, it will take me at least a hundred years. So ... what's a girl to do?

In reality, I don't know. But I have been reminded of my priorities lately, both as they are and as they should be. And I'm learning a few things here and there.

Two months ago my brother was in a horrible accident from which he will be recovering probably for the rest of his life. I'm learning not to take one single minute for granted.

I have a new-ish friend who lost her eyesight completely a couple years ago. I am learning to see beauty in everything. right. now.

I am learning that difficult and easy are subjective terms; that I should be more mindful in the things that are easy for me, and more courageous in the things that are difficult.

I'm learning to jump in and do the Important Things, and have peace in leaving the rest unfinished.

And you?
What's on your plate, and what are you leaving on the platter?
What are you finding the courage to jump in and do,
and what are you finding freedom in leaving undone?

No comments:

Post a Comment